With the increase of social media usage for conversations it is becoming difficult for marketers to understand their audience & target/communicate with them properly. Marketers are getting lost in the world of chaotic internet. The latest campaign from Adobe focusses on this & how their products help market effectively.
Adobe has released a study titled “Digital Distress: What Keeps Marketers Up at Night?” which reveals how marketers are feeling about Digital. The survey covered 1000 US marketers with a 95% confidence level & margin of error is +/- 3.1% for the sample. Some of the findings of the survey are
1) 76% of marketers think marketing has changed more in the past two years than the past 50 years.
2) Only 44% say marketing dept. have a great deal of influence over their Company’s overall business strategy
3) Only 40% think their company’s marketing is effective
4) Just one in three marketers think their companies are highly proficient in digital marketing
5) 61% of all marketers think that digital marketing approaches are a constant cycle of trial & error
6) 66% of all marketers state companies won’t succeed unless they have a digital marketing approach.
7) Cross channel marketing is a stronger driver of success among digital marketers
Do you find Online advertising effective or does it interest you or annoy you? Online advertising has come a long way since the early days of internet. Adobe commissioned a study with Edelman Berland for an online survey of 8750 consumers & 1750 professional marketers across the US, France, Germany, UK, Australia, Japan & South Korea during Oct’12 – Apr’13. This data provides a great wealth of information from both the marketers & consumers point of view. Some of the data from the report are
1) Traditional Media is considered the best for mktg & advt & also for credibility about products & brands.
2) France, Japan & Australia like to enjoy reading & Viewing Advt
3) Majority of consumers & marketers believe TV commercials are more important than online advertising
4) Majority of consumers in UK, US, Germany & Australia find online ads are annoying
5) Over half of respondents have liked on behalf of their favorite brands
6) Most consumers “like” products they regularly buy.
Access the complete report at Adobe Website
Adobe to promote its Adobe creative days created a series of events in EMEA. This has been created by the agency Abby norm. Think bus stop advertisements are dead.? Not any more, with this creative Adobe advt at the bus stops.
This involved photoshopping the person in the bus stop & then displaying it in the Digital Adshell in the bus stop with various art works. The person could see the artwork with his photoshopped image in real time. The hashtag #CreativeDay was displayed as part of the campaign so that people can follow the conversation.