This is a part of the #LikeAGirl campaign by Always, the feminine hygiene brand by P&G. Directed by Lauren Greenfield, girls everywhere keep their confidence & #LikeAGirl is an awesome thing. Take a stand and show young girls everywhere that doing things #LikeAGirl should never be used as an insult – that it means being strong, talented, and downright amazing.
Walmart India has launched Best Price Modern Wholesale in India. This is a B2B ecommerce format operated by Walmart India Pvt ltd. This venture would help Walmart provide thousands of items at the lowest prices. This is targeted at resellers, offices, hotels & others. The products include dairy, vegetables, electronics & others. This is curently available in Lucknow & Hyderabad.
Walmart would source these items locally from manufactures keeping the cost minimum. Walmart India currently operates 20 Best Price Modern Wholesale stores in 9 states across India & the first wholesale Cash and Carry store was opened in Amritsar in May 2009. Ordering online, door-step delivery within 24 hours and various payment solutions are available.
Banks are embracing digital technologies & social media to cater to the Gen Y generation. Recently Kotak Mahindra bank launched Kotak social banking where one can open an account through Facebook & also conduct future transactions using twitter. Now SBI has launched SBI INTOUCH, which are digital branches, located in Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, bangalore & other cities. SBI in association with Accenture has launched these branches. Right from opening an account, debit cards, loans, MF’s & other banking services are available. These branches will function from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m., 7 days a week. The New Delhi branch was recently inaugurated by FM Arun Jaitley.
1) South Korea, Japan, and Hong Kong have a top position globally & regionally while India had the lowest at 1.7 Mbps.
2) In terms of mobile connectivity, in the Asia-Pacific region, Japan had the highest average connection speed at 5.7 Mbps, while India had the lowest at 1.3 Mbps
3) In the Americas, the US had the highest average connection speed at 10.5 Mbps, while Bolivia had the lowest at 0.9 Mbps.
4) In the EMEA region Switzerland has 12.7 Mbps, while South Africa had the lowest peak connection speed at 10 Mbps.
Pricebag has a detailed analysis on the mobile phones launched in India in 2014 & some of the trends associated with 2014 launch are
1) 25% of phones have a screen size of 5 inch exactly & 35% of phones have atleast 5 inches
2) Micromax has launched maximum phones so far in 2014 with 22
3) 36% of all launches are in the price range of 5001 and 9999 Rupees,
4) 9 out of 10 smartphones have front cameras
5) Dual SIM phones are the flavour of the season accounting for 90%
6) Android is the top OS in India accounting for 96%
Urguay soccer player Luis Suarez who bit Italy’s player Giorgio Chiellini in the Fifa World Cup in Brazil yesterday provided a great opportunity for big brands for real time marketing using social media. Trident, TGI Fridays, McDonald’s, Bud Light, Domino’s Pizza UK, McDonald’s Uruguay, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Snickers are some of the big brands which jumped into bandwagon. Promoted tweets with #Suarez hashtag was also found in twitter.
— SNICKERS® (@SNICKERS) June 24, 2014
— Nando's (@NandosUK) June 24, 2014