Simply Measured has a blog post on the Social Media stats for 2014 Fifa World Cup. The world cup has created a sort of records in terms of shares, interactions, engagement & amplification for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & others. The big debate is which sporting event in future will overtake this record? Some of the stats are
1) The final #WorldCup game between Ger & Arg alone resulted in 280 million interactions by 88 million people on Facebook. For Facebook, this has become one of the most popular sporting event in its history
2) The final match created a record number of tweets with more than 618,725 tweets per minute(TPM)
3) Fifa’s Instagram account increased from 42,000 followers to nearly 908,753 followers in 31 days. (http://instagram.com/fifaworldcup). #WorldCup #Brasil2014 #Copa2014 #CM2014 #WM2014 are the tags for Fifa world cup
4) “The Fifa #WorldCup has generated more Facebook interactions than the Super Bowl, Oscars & Olympics combined.”. Super Bowl has created a big name for social media interactions in the US
5) More than 2 billion world cup related searches on Google (https://www.google.com/trends/worldcup#/en-gb/)
6) More than 32 million tweets about the #GERvsARG match.
Important and New Social Media Stats :
1) Fridays are Facebook’s best days for engagement.
2) Sites driving the most traffic are Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest
3) There are 6 distinct communication networks on Twitter
4) The best time for retweets is late nights
Dell has jumped on the Selfie bandwagon with a new video called ‘Center for Selfie Improvement”. This video helps people how to take perfect selfie with various techniques. This is also posted on Dell Tumblr Blog @ http://dell.tumblr.com
1) 43% say they can’t get a clear or large enough image of the product
2) 34% – product information can’t be easily reviewed
3) 31% – hard to compare products
You will find more statistics at Statista
Urguay soccer player Luis Suarez who bit Italy’s player Giorgio Chiellini in the Fifa World Cup in Brazil yesterday provided a great opportunity for big brands for real time marketing using social media. Trident, TGI Fridays, McDonald’s, Bud Light, Domino’s Pizza UK, McDonald’s Uruguay, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Snickers are some of the big brands which jumped into bandwagon. Promoted tweets with #Suarez hashtag was also found in twitter.
— SNICKERS® (@SNICKERS) June 24, 2014
— Nando's (@NandosUK) June 24, 2014