Ericsson ConsumerLab Insights has a report on the usage of apps & smartphones in India and how it is changing the Indian consumers smartphone habits and expectations about mobile broadband performance. The study was carried out in April-June 2014 among 4000 smartphone users across 18 urban cities in India. Some of the findings of the study are
1) 1/4 of users check their phones over 100 times daily.
2) Indians spend 3 hours 18 minutes a day on their smartphones.
3) 1/3 of this time is spent using apps, a 63% increase in the last 2 years
4) 68% of all mobile minutes on smartphones are used at home
5) Half of all mobile broadband issues faced by users occur while they are indoors in dense urban cities.
6) 76% of existing mobile broadband users are willing to pay more for a guaranteed better mobile internet experience.